Saturday, October 17, 2015

Needles down

 I have been especially absent lately and I am sorry. Please don't take it personally, I have been just as absent everywhere. It has been three weeks of "no thank you "and "I'm sorry I can't make it" and "I really don't think I'll have the time". I am forever grateful that the people in my real life are so understanding because basically I have been a shut in for three solid weeks.



I have been sewing before work and after work, and even at work (lunchtime library club). I have been sewing late into the night and at every chance. Dinner guests were fed pizza from the box (no wasting time on pesky dishes). The to-do list has been consulted and rewritten and typed and re-categorised at every juncture.  

About an hour ago I turned off my sewing machine. There are still one or two things on my wish list that I would have liked to finish for quilt market but the world won't end if they aren't made. I have a load of hand sewing to finish, suitcases to pack tomorrow, a day at the real job on Monday and then off to the airport on Tuesday morning. 
This is The Cat's Pyjamas . 
I want to tell you how much I love it without sounding like a dick. I want to tell you how much I love that a little bit of my cats Jude & Eloise are in there, I want to tell you that those toothbrushes crack me up every time I look at them and how happy I am with those little cat faces - but that all sounds a bit Mrs Big-Head so I'll just say thanks for popping in, it's been a crazy few weeks so don't mind the dressing gown. I'll put the kettle on and just sew up a few turning gaps while we chat.



25 comments:

  1. Such a fun range of beautiful fabrics, Have fun on your travels, We look forward to hearing all about it.Live the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all too AWESOME for words.

    as are you.

    take care of yourself missus, we need you back safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful fabric range! I'm a lazy shopper, so hopefully Two Little Birdies ( well some name like that!) can pack me up a bundle of fat quarters of ALL the range, so I don't have decide which ones to buy. That's what I did with Backyard Circus! Lol. Have a great time btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who works in the dental industry I am so excited to see toothbrushes. New scrubs, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be nuts to design cat fabric.... Omg......
    Have a fab time in the USA.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be nuts to design cat fabric.... Omg......
    Have a fab time in the USA.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU are the cat's pyjamas, Jod. Have a wonderful time out there in the big wide world, you mad woman. And don't forget your toothbrush - or your pyjamas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. See you in Houston. Yahooooo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabric - and the name of the fabric range almost as much! You can be Mrs. Big Head (or a dick) and we wouldn't mind. Have a great time on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have every reason to love and be proud of your work! It's fun and adorable and whimsical, like you. Sure to be a meow-ing success at quilt market, just like Backyard Circus! I'll be stalking your IG in case you have time to post during the craze of quilt market.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great trip love the cats

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a wonderful trip and market!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a wonderful trip and market!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Great new fabric designs. I hope GJ's is going to stock this I picked up some backyard circus a few weeks ago from there :) Have a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fabric line is totally fun, as I would expect from you. See you at Market!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I *NEED* those green kitties!!! I've already told mum to get a pj pattern ready

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful fabric! Congratulations! Hope you have a great time at Market.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd be worried if you didn't love it!! I think it is great. Have a wonderful journey to market!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad to see a post....and totally get....you are beyond swamped. Excited for you to go to market....to market to show a cute cat.....collection! Best of luck....Hope you have a grand time...and space to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. As much as I love Backyard Circus. This one really is the Cat's Pyjamas! I just can't wait to get my hands on it. By far the best-looking kitty range I've ever seen - just in cuteness factor alone. :)
    Yep, it sounds like I'm sucking up, but you know how soppy I am about cats. You'd think I'd be over it at my age!
    And yep : I spotted the Eloise and Jude references within the range as soon as you started teasing us. Just tell Mr Fabric Man to hurry up and release it here so we can pet it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. so adorable!!! i need those kitty faces in every color way! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thinking of you Jodie...all the best for the market shenanigans and we'll share stories when you get back.

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!