Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday Rotate

So, the basic idea of Tuesday rotate is to talk about someone else, shift the focus a bit. Blogs are; by their very nature a bit ME ME ME aren’t they? and you can guess that when my blogging slows down it is because I am sick of the sound of my voice.

Todays Tuesday Rotate is about the Softies for Mirabel campaign. Each year for the past 5 years, Pip of Meet me at Mikes has put out the call and people have responded by making a softie to be given to one of the children being helped by the Mirabel foundation.

This was one of the first internet /bloggy things I was involved in many moons ago and one of the things I make room for each year (one year Connor even made a toy).

If you would like to join in, you can make a toy and send it to Pip and they will all be displayed in her (resting) shop window.

Go and check out the flickr group-its great !11

It has to be one of the great surprises of this whole blog adventure…the way people come together. As I have said many many times, it restores my faith in people more often than it makes me want to stab them in the head with kitchen forks – so that’s gotta be a win.

last weeks Tuesday Rotate winner is Red in Oz

and the winner of a hedgehog is Ellen (from Bookface) with her suggestion of

Little Stomp !

magic

I paid him in macaroons.

5 comments:

  1. Softies for Mirabel. I like that a lot.
    By the way, the macaroons look delicious. I think it must be time for a cuppa and a bikkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Softies for a cause fantastic.
    Your little stomp is very good posing like that for the boy.
    Yum - macaroons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable name. Congrats to the lucky winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jodie
    I've promoted the Mirabel Foundation softies drive on my facebook page, as well as on Father Bob's. Hopefully they will be flooded as more people share and care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the Mirabel campaign last year and you're right it's a great initiative. BTW love the name 'Little Stomp' ~ perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!