Wednesday, October 10, 2007

and some crafting

After feeling like I was getting nowhere in the crafting stakes, I did manage to put together my new bag .

This is made with the most beautiful fabric panel from Kristen Doran. I bought this fabric and drew up the pattern months ago but just didn't get to it until the weekend. I originally had a blue gusset as well but it just became too large so I took it out again.

Inside there are lots of pockets and I lined it with chocolate brown linen - Easiest bag in the world to make as you add the handle later -


Do you dig the covered buttons ? I love them !

The dollies are getting there as well - I am always scared to do their faces as I have had to perform a few total head transplants in the past after their faces became demonic looking - I now no longer sew the head on till the face is done !

I am just finishing off their frocks and toying (ha ha) with the idea of little travel bags and then they will be done.

Then it will be wallets, boy dolls, boy monkeys, bedroom painting , attempting to paint a tree on a wall, more spotty bags, some new things that might not work and some kind of half thought out stuff with the vintage fabric haul.

* editors note: The last statement should by no means be taken as fact, some or all of these projects may be changed, altered or never even attempted.

21 comments:

  1. Love the dolly faces, they are great. You are extremely talented lady. You inspire me really!!!! I am starting up a blog finally-it want be as good as yours but I will give it a try! I have not completed the basic layout but it does have some cute pictures of my girls. Love Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodie, the new spring bag is just delicious. I absolutely LOVE it. I think the dollies are just little darlings and I want to give them cuddles. I love the way project ideas fill your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodie, you are SO SO SO clever! The bag is superb, the dolls delightful. WOW! And, you always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great bag, and yes those buttons are so cool! -kb

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the editor's note! i should probably add that disclaimer to about 80% of my blog posts : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the most lovely things, i love your new bag and its buttons, and the dolls are looking so very cute!
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those dolls are gorgeous Jodie! I can't imagine them with demonic faces though!!! The bag looks really good - I wish you had shown us the inside too. Can't wait to see all those other things - I never believe Editors by the way! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the bag too! AND you've reminded me of the head transplant joke.....I'll tell you when we meet again.
    PS I'm going to Lorne this week for Mr 15 Y/O birthday, and taking the quilt to stitch. Did we forget that the watermelon thread would show up on the spotty aqua backing? Is that a problem??? Should I go for white? I don't want to be the joke of the quilting community!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your little dolls look so happy, even though they are naked. Must be free spirited.

    Your bag is very nice. I just love that fabric but didn't quite know what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOH! Your bag is lovely. I am on a bit of a bag making fetish lately too. And your dollies are gorgeous with the cutest faces-they make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jodie
    I would of LOVED to see a demonic doll! I know the red headed trolls here (aka kidlets) can be VERY demonic! The dolls are super cute, now tell me, are these for sale on etsy or your stash?
    The bag is great too, I like bags where you add the handle last.. next bag I am making is going to have fluro lining, so I can find my black purse, black keys, black phone inside..

    Take care

    Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bag! Love the fabric.

    And the dolls are very cute...not demonic at all. LOL

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jodie, i cant seem to find your email so sorry for doing it this way but i just have to say THANKYOU so very much, yes i got the lovely bag today and i love it.
    Now i need you to email me please, i want your full address, i have a little something for you....
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your new bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, just popping in to say, Love the Bag !

    And your little brown haired dolly looks like my little girl a little bit - they are really sweet & happy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the dolls are so gorgeous! I love them! and the bag is awesome. your hallway too is looking lovely, much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That bag is GORGEOUS!!! I love the idea with the handle. So simple but so great!!

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  19. top job on the doll faces - they look ace! And I love their hair!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, that bag is SO cute, and the dolls too! I'm jealous of your incredible talend and productivity. Dang, girl! How do you get so much done? ~A :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!